Tuesday, July 29, 2014

BookTube-A-Thon Failure

As many fellow readers, book enthusiasts, writers, bloggers, and booktubers know; BookTube-A-Thon has recently concluded. Unfortunately for me, I was that person who showed up late to the party but didn't have the fashionably late excuse to fall back on. I flat out had no idea the Readathon/BookTube event was even occurring until this magical social media site called Instagram informed me along with it's many inhabitants. Thank you fellow Instagram followers.

Since I was about three days behind everyone, I figured I could try and catch up--until I read that one of the challenges was to start and finish a series and I only had four days left. I had a pitiful "laugh out loud" moment. On the up hand, I did manage to read a book that covered two of the challenges which happened to be 1) Read a book with pictures in it, and 2) Read a book with red on the cover. In the end, I was impressed by everyone else and their progress along with my half ass ATTEMPT at participating ever so slightly. I'm making a mental note, physical note, and computer note to ensure that I fully participate next year.

In a new found effort to redeem myself, I have decided to partake in the Rainbow Readathon which runs from August 2nd to the 9th, so if you're interested, here's the run down:
Read a RED book
Read an ORANGE book
Read a YELLOW book
Read a GREEN book
Read a BLUE book
Read a PURPLE book

Here are my reads: WATER FOR ELEPHANTS. THE CURIOUS CASE OF THE DOG IN THE NIGHT-TIME. IT'S KIND OF A FUNNY STORY. I HAVE NOT CHOSEN A GREEN BOOK YET MY BAD. THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE. Now I'm kind of cheating with my purple book option because I want to read FOUR but it's technically blue or if ya want to get fancy, maybe indigo...but I'm reading it either way. 

Anyway, those are my reads for this awesome readathon created by thebookishgirl on Instagram. If you're like me and failed miserably with previous readthons, please feel free to join in on the fun and get some TBR books out of the way!


Read on 

No comments:

Post a Comment