Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Quick Update | Busy Bee

For the past two and a half weeks, I have fallen off the face of the earth. Today is the only time I have found myself able to resurface. For the time being, I'm going to paint you an incredibly boring picture of what I have been up to and why I have been absent.
  • As some of you know, a few weeks ago I mentioned on Twitter that I was going off to college and moving into my dorm. Yeah...that's happening tomorrow. I'm a nervous wreck.
  • My early academic performance in high school-- along with the fact that I'm one of the only people in my family to go to college--has led me to my current situation in which I have to participate in a program that requires me to: move in a day before everyone else, go to a math prep and study hour every day before school starts, attend random group meetings, and disregard certain welcome week activities as well as regular ones, such as attending football games.
  • The day before school starts I have to partake in a community service project. I agree that it's a great way to help out and meet new people, but we have no say in what project we work on so I hope I get something I'm good at! 
  • I had to say my 'goodbyes' and 'see ya laters' to my mom and stepdad on Friday. It was tough. I didn't think I'd be that emotional. And then I was.
  • The wifi here doesn't work well with my laptop so I haven't been able to post the past few days.
  • I haven't been reading anything other than school related emails and notices. I miss books. Therefore, I'm bringing two Harry Potter books with me, The Unbound by Victoria Schwab, and my ARC copy of Althea & Oliver by Cristina Moracho! I hope I can find time to read all of them before the end of the first quarter.
  • Speaking of books, I still have to buy the book for my classics in lit class and maybe the one for my computer literacy class...except that one is about 200 bucks. No thanks.
  • I want to make friends. That's all I want because none of my friends from high school are going to the same college and it kind of sucks. Kind of.
  • For some reason, I'm more excited for the first week of classes than these first few days of my program orientation. Is that bad or weird? 
  • I've left home before for somewhat extensive periods of time. Those times were fine. Now that I'm leaving for almost two months, I'm freaking out. The homesickness is kicking into high gear and I'm not even at school yet. 
  • I CANNOT WAIT TO COME HOME IN NOVEMBER FOR THE BASTILLE CONCERT AND THANKSGIVING BUT I NEED TO GO TO SCHOOL FOR AWHILE BEFORE I MAKE ANY FURTHER JUDGMENTS. I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE THIS IS HOW I FEEL ON THE INSIDE. I AM A HOT MESS.
Thank you to everyone who put up with reading this. I understand that I run a book blog with bookish related content, but my next few blog posts are probably going to be more personal. Hopefully they'll be written at a higher caliber than what I have just written. Again, thank you to my awesome followers, friends, and family--I don't think you realize how much I appreciate the support, especially during this hectic time. Wish me luck! Or pray for me. Or go to college for me. Just kidding about that last one(;

No comments:

Post a Comment