Friday, August 1, 2014

That's a Wrap | June and July

Yarp, that is correct, I am doing a collective June and July book wrap up because I truthfully didn't read that much during either month. I'm slightly bummed as well as content with my progress. If you happened to read my BookTube-A-Thon post, you would know that I did not fully partake in it so there's one readathon I already sat on the sidelines for. I am also aware of the shitihavetoomanybooks readathon that is being hosted by Regan from PeruseProject which I am not technically taking part in but it clashes with the Rainbow Readathon so I'm sort of doing both? Possibly? Either way, I'm about to knock out quite a few books this coming week. Hopefully. But back to business.

Here are the books I read in June and July:

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Looking for Alaska by John Green
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by David Levithan and oh wait, JOHN GREEN
Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

I think that list is fairly self explanatory with my whole John Green reading kick. I read The Fault in Our Stars because peer pressure. Plus, I was planning on going to see the movie but have yet to do so. Then I read Looking for Alaska because my friend told me it was her favorite John Green book. After I read those two, I had this intense moment of what I thought was clarity but was truly impulsiveness, therefore, I went out and bought Will Grayson, Will Grayson along with Paper Towns and An Abundance of Katherines. I couldn't help myself. Once I finished WGWG, I noticed that I went into a bit of a reading slump. All of that contemporary reading brought me down but not in a terribly negative way.

Days passed and I wondered why I had less of a desire to read when it hit me. I came to the realization that I needed to pick up a book from a different genre, written by an author other than John freaking Green. Too much contemporary at a time tends to bring me down and I've found that a lot of my fellow bibliophiles agree. One day, as I was browsing through the young adult section at Barnes & Noble, I saw Long Lankin. That book was out of stock for almost a year, so of course I violently leapt toward the first copy I laid eyes on. Meanwhile, I bought the first two Harry Potter books only managing to read the first one for now because yes, I am honest to god that far behind the rest of the world. 

Finding that yet another July has come to an end, I'm happy with how much I read in the past two months, especially considering how busy I've been. I can't wait to move forward with the rest of my to-be-read books in August. Stay tuned for more book reviews which will be posted shortly!


No comments:

Post a Comment